WHEW. What a whirlwind.
In case you didn’t notice…..
WE. ARE. PREGNANT.
Now that our pregnancy has been confirmed -and all is going well- we feel comfortable sharing our biggest news to date. It feels so beyond wonderful to be open with what has been going on over the past few months.
In November, after our relaxed post wedding mini-moon in Madison, WI…
I began to feel a bit ‘off’….
To be honest- I knew I was pregnant right away. We had lovely trip filled with food, laughs, and a few too many wine tastings 😉 Leaving with a precious souvenir was more than we could ask for.
I decided to take a pregnancy test by myself, while my husband was at work, and sure enough- a positive result! That evening we had plans to see A Christmas Carol in downtown Milwaukee, and spend the night at a lovely hotel. My husband would be meeting me there, and I decided to tell him before the show. I purchased a shirt that said “Captain” with a matching onesie which read “First Mate” and wrapped it up with a cute book as well. As soon as he walked in, I gave him the gift. As he unwrapped it- a look of confusion spread over his face. He looked at me and I just nodded- then he shouted “NO WAY, OMG NO WAY, YOU ARE MESSING WITH ME”!!!
To say he was shocked- was an understatement. I was blown away too!! We have heard the struggles of so many couples trying to conceive, and were incredibly shocked to have gotten pregnant ‘instantly’ as he jokes. That night we were surrounded by family, but had the best secret of all. We would just look at each other and giggle all night. It was perfect, and how I dreamed it would happen. Absolutely magical.
For the first week or so of pregnancy- I was STARVING…24/7- anything and everything….I was a food machine. That quickly changed and from weeks 5-11…. everything was repulsive. Smells, tastes, even the thought of something ‘gross’ would send me running. Yikes. I can say- the exhaustion combined with eating very little was tough. It was a crash diet I never thought I’d be on. Everyday was hard. I would go to work and fall into bed upon getting home at 5:00 pm. I did not see any friends during this time, or workout either- I truly just had to focus on myself and resting for my little one.
Fast forward to today and I am extremely happy to report- as I write this at almost 14 weeks pregnant- I am pretty much back to normal (besides constant fire-breathing acid reflux)! For me- entering the second trimester has been wonderful, and a welcome relief from the first. I am far less tired, I have a normal appetite again, and a bit of color has returned to my face. 🙂 I should add, I have not had many crazy cravings. If any I would say – carbs! Sweets have not sounded that good to me…but pastas, potatoes, and fresh fruits have. I hope to begin getting some physical exercise again this trimester too. I was a complete hermit for the first and am excited to feel alive again!
If you don’t share an ultrasound picture, are youeven pregnant (Jk)?! Here is our little one at our first ultrasound two weeks ago. We joke that he/she looks like a little chicken wing. It was surreal to see him/her dancing around, we were both brought to tears.
So there you have it- our first trimester recap! I plan on updating the blog throughout this pregnancy- and sharing our journey as we progress. Please send us positive thoughts or prayers if you feel comfortable. We already love this little one so much- we continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy, kiddo, and delivery. Any additional support is wonderful. Also (for fun) post your gender guesses in the comments!
Until next time,
Greetings fellow earthlings,
In case you missed it- last week I wrote a post sharing some of my current Amazon Prime favorites. Let’s just say it was well received….
It seems that many of you also share an affinity for Amazon Prime shopping! I was so happy to hear that readers purchased some of the items I had suggested, and loved them as much as I do.
SOOOO per your requests, here are 10 more of my favorite Amazon Prime items!!
I apologize in advance if you become the child below while reading the post… 😉 Happy shopping…
(**pricing and availability of items listed may change at any time, this is not a sponsored post**)
1. There is nothing I love more, than being warm and cozy when it is chilly outdoors. This adorable pom-pom hat comes in 15 colors (I own it in 3…) and at $11.99– it’s a must.
2. Once again- I’ll spring for anything with a V-Neck. This sweater is no exception. It looks perfect with high wasted jeans. Be warned, however, it runs small so I would size up. Also…if you do not have high wasted jeans (keep readin’- I got you) know that this would be a crop top. It is $25.99 and comes in 2 colors.
3. If you read my last Amazon post, you’ll know that I like to rock an over the knee boot. The pair I featured last week had a heel, whereas this boot is flatter. I wanted to share this one, as it is comfortable and something that could be worn daily. They are only $28.99 and come in 9 shades!!
4. This. quilted. 1/4 zip thooooo. What a beaut! Also, it has elbow patches on the back which are so fun. It comes in 4 colors and is $24.99!
5. This top is one of my all time favorites, truly. It looks good with anything (leggings, jeans, pajamas- you get it). And some days you just need something flowy to make you feel confident- this is the top. $20.99 and comes in 5 colors!
6. Eeeekkkk how rad is this poncho? It is reversible and comes in 6 colors (which is really 12 because they reverse, duh). I was shocked by how warm it actually is. It is pretty with jeans and boots-it would also look great belted! $35.92
7. The perfect distressed denim… only $24.90, and comes in a staggering 34 different washes!!
8. I am obsessed with this fun little jacket- so cozy. It is $19.00 and comes in 4 colors. I will warn you, however, this item (for some reason) fluctuates between being an ‘amazon prime’ item and just an amazon item with free shipping. I am not sure why this is, and cost-wise it does not matter. Just know that it may take a bit longer to arrive if it is not listed as an ‘amazon prime’ item.
9. Friendssss, let me tell you…I am not above purchasing a good knock off. I love the Gucci belts that I see all over Instagram… but for $350+ (for the real real) it ain’t happenin’ for me. I stumbled upon this beauty, and for $22.99, it is an awesome dupe! It comes in 4 colors.
10. Seriously… you need these Steve Madden slides NOW. My eyeballs fell out when I saw that they are only $29.99, at the moment. When I purchased them back in September they were over $50!!! They come in 4 colors, but the blush is my favorite.
***BONUS tip: If you do purchase the shoes…they look perfect with these no show socks. These footies have a sticky pad at the heel and are the only low socks I have ever worn that don’t slide off! They are $8.19 for 6 pairs.
So there you have it. Another haul in the books.
I hope you enjoy these items, if you choose to purchase any of them. I am planning on doing these amazon hauls pretty regularly….stay tuned until next week.