Hey howdy hey!
My goodness- time is FLYING. I cannot even believe this pregnancy is almost over and that we get to meet our sweet girl in a matter of weeks! Pinch me….
The second trimester has been so sooo good to me y’all. In short- I have felt great. My energy returned (YEY!– goodbye 4:30pm bedtimes), food aversions lifted, and all around I have felt more joyful than ever before. I have been able to stay active- walking about 5 miles daily. This has been the perfect amount of exercise for me. What they say is true- the 2nd trimester ROCKS!
My only issue has been fire-breathing-dragon-style acid reflux, and minor aches and pains. I now take Zantac in the morning and pop a tums for any breakthrough acid during the day. I usually need a tums at around 2am as well- regardless of what I ate for dinner that night– so I keep those babies bedside.
I was starting to notice some aching in my back at around 15 weeks and decided to see a prenatal chiropractor. I cannot recommend this enough- for any of my local WI readers, I see Dr. Camille Berger at Early Beginnings Chiropractic. I have been seeing her twice a week and will continue until delivery. Chiropractic care counts towards our deductible- and it might for you too, it’s worth a phone call! Our baby girl is in the transverse breech position (the worst birthing position possible- yes, this is my child 😉 ) so she is also working to help get baby into a better position too. Fingers crossed!
Now for the fun stuff…. here are some items that have made my pregnancy comfortable af... or at least as comfortable as possible. 🙂
***None of these items are sponsored- simply a collection of things that have worked for me.
If I told you how many pairs I had…would you judge me? These are so incredibly cozy…. I am almost scared to share these…..and want to keep them my little secret….
…..But alas, sharing is caring…
These leggings also come in a capri style too- which ya’ girl obviously owns as well. Perfect for summer, or winter, or literally ANYTHING. I sized up to a medium so I have room to grow- but this is just personal preference. At only $24.00– you can’t go wrong.
2. Motherlove Belly Oil/ Honest Company Lotion
At about 17 weeks I was struggling with a super itchy belly. I tried every lotion/balm out there with one clear winner- this combo. I have loved using the Motherlove belly oil and Honest Company lotion together! I put a hearty amount of each in my palm and rub it all over my belly, hips, and tata’s in the mornings, and evenings before bed. I cannot tell you the pure bliss that I feel now that I am NOT scratching my belly all day long. This combo is legit. If you’re struggling with itchy or tight skin- it’s worth a shot.
**full transparency- I did notice my first stretch mark on the bottom of my belly at about 29-30 weeks. SOOOO does this elixir prevent stretch marks? Not for me…and to be honest I am not sure complete stretch mark prevention is even possible in general….BUT….this is the only combination that leaves my skin hydrated and not greasy or itchy- so it’s still a complete win for me. I will continue to use this even after she is here!
3. BaoBei Belly Band and Bralettes
At about 17 weeks I was starting to notice a ‘heavy’ feeling in my belly. It was not quite uncomfortable- but I felt like I was slowing down and movement didn’t feel as easy. After hearing all of the praises for the BaoBei belly band- I decided to give it a shot. I was hesitant because at $64.00 – it’s an investment.
There are many cheaper options out there but after trying BaoBei – I am in LOVE. At this point- I look like I swallowed a watermelon…but hardly feel the effects of this whoppin’ belly- I credit this to BaoBei.
The band offers so much support I cannot even recommend it enough. I will also be rocking it postpartum. I sized up to a medium- based on the size charts I should have gotten a small, but the medium felt like a better fit for my body.
I recently purchased a Bralette from BaoBei, and adore the design. No painful clasps and perfect for pregnancy, nursing, and postpartum. I need this bra in every color- for real. So dang comfortable. I went for the size small in the bra, and it fits perfectly. They retail for $32.00.
*I am currently eyeing up BaoBei’s support bloomers and leggings for postpartum. I will let y’all know if I get them and love them as much as I do their belly band and bralette! Stay tuned 😉
4. Vionic Blaine Slip-on Shoe
I’ll be honest- these are not the cutest shoes I have ever owned. However, they are so useful and have allowed me to stay active during pregnancy. They slip right on and feel like you’re walking on air. I LOVE these shoes. In case you haven’t noticed, my motto has become ‘comfort over everythingggg’ when pregnant. Trust me.
$44.99 – I wear them almost daily.
5. Mega Mag Supplement
If you have ever experienced a calf cramp waking you in the dead of night- you know the extreme discomfort these buggers bring. I was noticing calf cramps at night and eye twitching spasms during the day- not cute. My doc suggested taking a magnesium supplement and VOILA – just like that NO more calf cramps or twitching. The recommended dose is 4 droppers full- I just throw one dropper worth into my morning coffee and that has been plenty. These drops are easily absorbed and are incredible.
$11.00 for 4 oz- this will last my entire pregnancy.
6. Amazon Tank Tops
Honestly- I have these in *almost* every color. They are so lightweight and cute! I sized up to a large for pregnancy (my belly is freaking massive already). The large is still a loose fit on me and I do have some extra fabric in the armpit area- but honestly I don’t even care. For the price? These can’t be beat. If you are not preggo- getting your normal size would probably be perfect.
$13.71 – $19.99 (price changes with size)
Well, my friends, there you have it- my second trimester recap and pregnancy must haves- so far. I hope these items make someone else’s pregnancy a bit more (you guessed it) comfortable. I will be doing a third trimester update in a few weeks and hopefully sharing baby girls nursery…if we ever move into our new house… 🙂
Also, please comment below and share your hospital bag musts with me! Until then….
Hello & Happy Halloween!
Sadly, I am a bit under the weather this holiday 🙁 … So, instead of celebrating, I decided to write this post for y’all! (& live vicariously through everyone else of course…)
Let’s cut to the chase.
I have an Amazon prime
sickness obsession. My dedication is real. If shopping on Amazon were a sport…ya girl here- would win. I am not sure that this is something I should be bragging about…but…
here we are.
As I mentioned previously…I have been sick lately. So, I do not have pictures of myself wearing these items (because I have not been out of bed in weeks, it seems…) I do, however, own everything featured in today’s post, and can vouch personally for all the items. They are fire, my friends, fire.
I should note, this is not a sponsored post (though I wish it were,….*hint, hint, Amazon*…) & all of these recommended items are simply things that I love.
Without further ado….
1. Let’s start off with the softest, fuzziest, coat you have ever seen. Check out this beauty. Yes, I give you permission to wear a bathrobe around while looking cute. An absolute win-win! Also, she’s only $29.99 and comes in 6 colors.
2. UMMMM, how freaking fun is this cute little swing dress?! It comes in 7 colors & I want them all. I pair mine with tights or leggings and some tall riding boots. Adorbz & only $22.99!
3. I have always been afraid of the ‘thigh high boot’ trend. I liked the look, but didn’t think I could pull it off. I have muscular calves (thank you Peloton cycling classes) and teeny little feet. This becomes a nightmare when purchasing boots. If I order my typical size 6 shoe…the calf is usually too snug. But, let me tell you- these boots are the exception! They are a perfect fit and a great addition to any outfit. I love pairing them with distressed jeans and a cozy sweater. These boots are the most expensive item in this post, ringing in at $45.00. They come in three colors and I can’t recommend them enough (especially to any thiccc calved queens out there)! It’s Halloween after all, so…TREAT YO’ SELF, sis.
4.Speaking of cozy sweaters– this one is a must! I love anything with a V-Neck, and the detail on this one is perfection. Snag you one for $25.90. Also, if green isn’t your cup o’ tea- it comes in 5 colors!
5.Once again- I am late to the whole ‘bralette’ thing. Always loving the look- but never taking the plunge. I absolutely love this one and wear it under any off the shoulder top. A small amount of the applique peeks out when wearing something off the shoulder and it is the perfect amount of detail. Also at only $12.99, you can’t go wrong.
6. YOU GUYS…I wear this bootie WAY too often….it is a perfect slide-on-and-go item. Not only this shoe comfy- she pretty much matches with anything you could throw on. $35.99 and comes in 5 colors.
7. How pretty are these little silk scarves? I have been loving these little guys for multiple reasons. In the morning- 99% of the time- I throw my hair up into a messy bun or sock bun. Lately- I will tie one of these around the bun and-voila! Instantly elevated. They also look fun when tied onto a purse or any bag! $9.99 for 6 of these silky sweeties!
8. This simple layered necklace is so fun! I love inexpensive jewelry because A. I seem to lose everything and B. I am able to have more options this way!! This necklace is only $9.99.
9. This backpack is my current obsession. For anyone who travels OR is tired of carrying a purse around 24/7, this bag is for you. For $24.99 it is a steal & comes in 6 colors! Channel those Dora the Explorer vibes, baby.
10. Blanket scarf. Need I say more? Such a fall & winter essential. This one is $12.99 and comes in 9 colors!!
Well…. there you have it, my 10 amazon prime faves, at the moment. If you like this post, please let me know. I have NUMEROUS amazon faves and can start to do these hauls more regularly, if desired…
Happy Halloween…and happy shopping. Click-click-click away, my loves…. 😉